Monday, November 17, 2014

Kathryn & Mike Engagement Session


Oh my heavens!! We couldn't be more excited to share these gorgeous photos from our super cute couple, Kathryn & Mike's engagement session and their sweet story with our readers.  Kathryn and Mike are just the most adorable couple and their May 2015 wedding at The Sea Pines Resort is going to be beautiful.  We are so excited for February when they come to town for their tasting, design, hair and makeup trial, marriage license appointment and more wedding planning fun! 



All the hard decisions have been made so Kathryn really feels like they are in the middle of all the "fun" stuff. And they are! They decided to get married on Hilton Head Island because Mike had been vacationing here since he was little, and its where he took Kathryn here for her first time. She fell in love with the island and they fell in love with each other so it's such a fitting place to get married.  Their wedding ceremony is going to be on the 18th Lawn of the Harbour Town Links Golf Course, followed by cocktails on the lawn and reception in the stunning Champions Ballroom.  We CANNOT wait. 




We love hearing about our couples love stories, so we asked how Kathryn & Mike met.  Here's the answer, in the bride's words (could she be any cuter!?!) 

Mike and I remember seeing each other at Alive After 5, a social event during the spring/summers in Uptown Charlotte, almost an exact year before we actually met.  He was standing with a mutual friend and I tried to find out who he was, but never could get an answer. A year later, we saw each other again in the elevator of our apartment building (I had just moved in) and I immediately remembered him from the time I saw him in April of 2010.  In May of 2011, my work team and I went to the Wells Fargo Golf Tournament with one of our vendors, Signature Consultants (Mike's company).  He asked his co-worker about me and I asked my boss who used to work with Mike, about him!  We were introduced and of course, I had to pretend to have no idea that I already knew that he lives in my building.  Unfortunately, I had to leave with my work team, but was pleasantly surprised by a Facebook invite from you know who.  Mike then realized we had a mutual friend and they setup a barbecue for all of us to hangout.  The rest is history!

Then we had to ask their engagement story, too!  Here's what Kathryn had to say: 

Mike intended to propose at the Wells Fargo Golf Tournament where we first met 3 years ago, but in conversation a few weeks before the tournament, my desire to never get engaged in a public place came up randomly so he had to revise his grand plan.  He decided that he would propose the weekend after the tournament on Friday night when boating over to one of our favorite Lake Normanrestaurants (where he had a boat and the site of our engagement session).  Well, that plan didn't work either because it started raining right after work and continued into Saturday.

Third time’s the charm - it would need to be during the day on Sunday.  Mike woke up early to play golf up at the lake.  I thought it was strange that he came back to Charlotte to pick me up after golf because I would usually just meet him at the dock.  He was being really sweet to me on this Sunday morning, opened the car door for me, went into the grocery store to get a few of my favorite things, stating that we would need snacks because we would be on the boat all day.  This isn't entirely unusual for Mike so I didn't think much of it.  We arrived at the dock and it was a gorgeous sunny day, not a cloud in the sky.  I was sitting in the front of the boat when Mike stopped in the middle of the lake.  He walked up to the front to sit beside me and started telling me how much he loves me, that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me while I'm saying, "I know babe, I love you, too...." thinking in my head, why is he being so overly nice?  He then got down on one knee and I have to admit, I laughed because I thought he was joking, but quickly realized that it was the real thing!   After that I have no idea what he said, I immediately started hugging him and crying.  He now knows why I didn't want to get engaged in public, I was a mess!  We then proceeded to call our family and friends until both of our phones died and it was just us to enjoy our day on the lake!  We boated over to another one of our favorite Lake Norman restaurants to have champagne and lunch.  We literally could not stop smiling.  It was the best day of our lives, so far!




Is it May 2015 yet?! We adore working with this couple and their sweet families and cannot wait for their wedding weekend!!

A big thank you to Ashley Seawell Photography for these gorgeous shots! We love that they went back to the spot of their engagement!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment