- Golf Digest has named Hilton Head Island the#10 destination spot in the world for golf. There are over 20 world class golf courses on Hilton Head Island, and over home to the PGA's Heritage Golf Tournament. Play where the pros play at Harbour Town in Sea Pines, or for a complete listing, visit the Chamber of Commerce website to learn more about both private and public courses.
- Considered a golfers paradise, the 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Course, The May River Club, is on the banks of the May River at the impeccable, Palmetto Bluff. With 7,171 yards of green, it's incredibly picturesque. The rest stations are top notch, complete with iced down cooling towels, snacks and refreshments.
- Whether you are looking to put together a match with friends, or take a private lesson, we recommend Tennisclub of the Lowcountry at Rose Hill in Bluffton, or Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center on Hilton Head. To book at TLC at Rose Hill, call Mike O'Regan (we'll provide his number to you!) as this is a private club but is available to Spencer Special Events clients. Clinics, stroke of the day, round robins and more are great activities for tennis enthusiasts during a wedding weekend or extended stay!
Water Sports/ Hunting
- Fishing Charters are a popular way for groomsmen or great activity for the guys! There are a variety of tour operators, the best ones are out of South Beach Marina.
- Our friend Claire started Lowcountry Paddle Tours two years ago. Tour guides have a Bachelors Degree in Zoology or Ecology and are therefore extremely knowledgeable about the area, wildlife and habitats. A great way to explore the Lowcountry! Check out their recent kayak with Dolphins in this YouTube Video here.
- Rent a pontoon boat out of Palmetto Bay Marina and explore the waters. You'll see beautiful homes, probably dolphins, and our area. Head over to Daufuskie Island or make your way up the Hilton Head Island coast to see the iconic Sea Pines Lighthouse.
- Water ski (wave runners) or other water sports are also available at Palmetto Bay Marina on Hilton Head.
- Quail Hunting on Rowe Farms is open Thanksgiving to March 1st. For those looking for this adventure, visit this website!
- The Sage Room on Hilton Head Island offers some of the best cuisine in the Lowcountry. We love starting with the snow pea martini (delish!), and either the Coco Mahi and House Filet for entrees!
- More Hilton Head Island favorites: Frankie Bones, The Boathouse on Skull Creek, Bistro 17, Santa Fe Cafe, and Catch 22.
- The Dispensary in Old Town Bluffton on Calhoun Street is a casual night out with friends. With live music, a great happy hour (tacos for $1!), beers on tap and a fun atmosphere, don't forget to try the truffle french fries!
- Buffalo's at Palmetto Bluff offers delicious food on the banks of the May River, overlooking the Palmetto Bluff chapel. Great for those staying on property, or for those that want to explore Palmetto Bluff during the day, it's our favorite lunch spot.
- Vineyard55 on Calhoun Street in Old Town Bluffton has live music Thursday - Saturday starting at 8 pm. With over 20 beers on tap, a wide selection of bottled beers from around the world and an extensive wine selection, this cozy watering hole also serves meat and cheese plates, flat bread pizzas, and other yummy bites. Casual and fun!
- For those truly looking for Hilton Head's young and hip nightlife, visit "The Triangle" on Hilton Head. The Triangle is home to Riley's, One Hot Mamas, The Lodge, The Boardroom and Hilton Head Brewing Company. With music pumping loudly until 2 am, this party scene somewhat resembles college spring break but does the trick when you are really looking for a party or after wedding stop. Cabs line up outside for your return trip!
- Visit Electric Piano Bar where you can sip martini's and sing along to old school favorites on the piano (great if you can't handle the college spring break atmosphere of The Triangle.)
- Gigi's Boutique located on 40 Calhoun Street in Bluffton offers affordable, trendy styles and all the classics. From beach attire to casual Lowcountry nights out, to formal wear, Gigi's offers styles for sizes 0-16 and all ages. It's our favorite so be sure to tell them the Spencer Special Events gals sent you!
- Tanger 1 & 2 Outlets offer an Off 5th Saks Avenue, Michael Kors, Kate Spade, J. Crew, BCBG, Coach, Banana Republic and dozens more. Be sure to pick up a "MORE" card or buy the coupon book to get even further discounts.
- Voted Hilton Head Island's best massage for 10 years in a row, FACES Day Spa on Hilton Head offers premier treatments and pampering packages. Study their menu to get inspired with facials, massages, wraps, nail treatments and SO much more!
- The Heavenly Spa by Westin is a fabulous bridal party or girls day out destination. Book an appointment for a massage, facial or wrap and then lounge in the locker rooms, luxuriously appointed with a steam room, sauna, whirlpool and relaxation room.
So if you're having a wedding in the Lowcountry or attending a wedding in the Lowcountry, we hope this guide helps make your weekend or extended stay just perfect. We hope you have a great visit to Hilton Head Island and Bluffton, South Carolina and fall in love with the area has much as we have!